Wolbach Library Modified Device Borrowing Policy
In the past 15 months of the pandemic, the Wolbach Library has been able to provide some services, including remote checkout of print books, but there remain restrictions on what items can be circulated through Harvard's integrated library system. In recognition of the current ramp-up to the return of in-person work, and perhaps a partially-reopened campus in the fall, we want to make more of the Wolbach's equipment collection available to the CfA community. If interested, we ask that you take the following guidelines, which are in addition to our standard device policy, into account.
- Equipment loans can only be made to patrons who are authorized to enter 60 Garden Street. However, if you are not currently approved for on-site work, temporary access may be granted through the Director's Office (SAO) or the One-Time Building Access form (HCO) in order to pick up your requested material.
- The full list of equipment for loan can be found here: http://devices.wolba.ch/. Click on an individual item to see its availability before requesting.
- To submit a device loan request, email library@cfa to schedule an in-person pickup time. These times will be limited to the authorized onsite hours for Wolbach staff, a 4-hour window Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
- Patrons will be required to sign an acknowledgement of responsibilities for use of Wolbach equipment, with the understanding that the borrower is responsible for the condition of the material upon its return.
- Equipment returns must also be scheduled with a Wolbach librarian, and within the same windows as the pickup.
For any other questions about circulation, please feel free to get in touch via the general library email (library@cfa) or email Eric Brownell (eric.brownell@cfa) directly.